The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) closed registration for the November 2023 session of the CA Intermediate on June 30, 2023. Beginning on July 1, 2023, CA Intermediate Registration opened for the May 2024 session. The updated education and training plan will be followed for the CA Inter exams in May 2024. A candidate’s CA Intermediate registration 2023 is good for four years after completion. Candidates have two options for enrolling in the CA Intermediate course: direct enrollment or after passing the CA Foundation exam.
CA Intermediate Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates must make sure they meet the qualifying requirements prior to completing the application form. The ICAI has publicly defined the eligibility requirements for the CA Intermediate exam in 2023. Before submitting their application, candidates should carefully study the eligibility requirements given below.
- There is no higher age limit for CA Intermediate registration.
- Candidates must have either completed their undergraduate or graduate studies or have passed the CA Foundation exam.
- Candidates in their final year of college may also submit a provisional application for the CA Intermediate course.
Important Dates for CA Intermediate Registration 2023
Before enrolling, candidates must be informed of all the details related to the CA Intermediate exams 2023, including the start and end dates of registration, the release dates for admission cards and exam forms, etc. The table below lists the updated enrollment dates for CA Intermediate 2023.
|CA Intermediate 2023||May 2023||November 2023|
|Last date to register||September 1, 2022||June 30, 2023|
|Availability of CA Inter exam form||February 3, 2023||August 2, 2023|
|Last date for submission of online examination application
forms with late fees of Rs.600
|March 3, 2023||To be notified|
|To be Notified|
Routes for CA Intermediate Registration 2023
As was already mentioned, there are two ways that candidates can sign up for the CA Intermediate course through ICAI. The first option is the foundation route, whereas the second is the straight entry option. Let’s first make a distinction between the two possibilities.
1) The Foundation Route: The ICAI has divided the Chartered Accountancy course into three levels: CA Foundation, CA Intermediate, and CA Final. Candidates may enrol for CA Intermediate 2023 after passing the first level, CA Foundation. It is not necessary for such candidates to hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
2- Straight Entry Route – Applicants who have finished their undergraduate or graduate degrees, or who are in their last year of study, may submit a straight application for admission to the CA Intermediate program. If they choose this option, candidates do not have to register for or pass the CA Foundation exam. They can now continue their education and sit for the CA Intermediate exam.
Qualifying Marks Required to register via Direct Entry Route:
|Commerce graduate/ postgraduate||Non-commerce graduate/ postgraduate|
|Minimum aggregate of 55% marks||Minimum aggregate of 60% marks|
Procedure for CA Intermediate Registration 2023
Candidates who meet the eligibility conditions can register for the CA Intermediate course by following the steps outlined below.
Steps to be followed
|Steps||Registration via Foundation Route||Registration via Direct Entry Route|
|Step 1||To register through Foundation route – Click here||To register through Direct Entry route – Click here|
|Step 2||Select “Student” option and enter your registration number and date of birth to validate||Read all the instructions carefully and enter the requisite details|
|Step 3||Proceed further and fill all the required details; upload documents||Click on the button “generate OTP”. Check your registered email and mobile number to know your login credentials|
|Step 4||Pay the CA Intermediate 2023 registration fees||Login and proceed with the CA Intermediate registration; upload documents and make payment|
|Step 5||Download the registration receipt for future reference||Download the CA Intermediate 2023 registration receipt|
Documents Required for CA Intermediate Registration
- Within seven (7) days of the date of online CA Intermediate 2023 registration, candidates must send the following papers to the appropriate ICAI regional office together with a printout of the online registration form. All documents must be fully signed.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s Class 12 transcript, or an equivalent Central Government recognized examination pass marks statement, is required for those applying via the CA Foundation route.
- Candidates for direct entry must provide an attested copy of their transcripts from undergraduate or graduate school or from the intermediate level of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) or Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) examination.
- One current color photograph, properly attached to the printer of the CA Intermediate 2023 enrollment form.
- An certified copy of the candidate’s proof of citizenship is necessary if they are a foreign national.
- Authenticated copy of a certificate proving special status, such as OBC, SC/ST, or differently abled (if applicable).
CA Intermediate Registration Fee 2023
There are two groups in CA Intermediate: Group I and Group II. Candidates that submit applications using the CA Foundation approach can register in Group I, Group II, or both. On the other hand, candidates who apply through the direct admission process are required to enrol for both Groups I and II.
Fees of CA Intermediate Registration 2023
|Details||Both Groups||Group I/ II|
|Students’ Activities Fee||2,000||2,000|
|Registration Fee as Articled Assistant||1,000||–|
Validity of CA Intermediate Registration
The registration for a CA Intermediate course is good for four (4) years and may be renewed for an additional four (4) years. Candidates may be required to revalidate their registrations after the initial registration period has ended by paying a revalidation fee of Rs. 400 or as otherwise decided by the council from time to time.
What After CA Intermediate Registration 2023
Upon successful completion of the CA Intermediate 2023 registration process, candidates are registered with the ICAI BoS (Board of Studies) to take the CA Intermediate exam. Prior to submitting an application for either the May 2023 exam or the November 2023 exam, candidates must finish an eight-month study period.
CA Intermediate Exam Form 2023
The CA Intermediate exam form 2023 will be released by the ICAI following the conclusion of the registration session. Candidates may register for the exam by filling out the exam form within the allotted time frame. Following the exam form deadline, the ICAI will release the CA Intermediate 2023 admission card.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the last date to register for CA Intermediate November 2023?
Candidates could register for CA Intermediate November session exams through June 30, 2023.
I have done graduation. Do I need to enroll for the CA Foundation exam?
Candidates with a graduation degree can enroll for the CA Intermediate programme through the direct admission method, according to the eligibility conditions.
Can I register for the CA Intermediate course anytime during the year?
Yes, enrollment for the CA Intermediate course is open all year. Candidates must, however, keep the deadlines in mind before registering.
What is provisional registration for CA Intermediate May 2023 exam?
Candidates in their final year of graduation or postgraduation can enrol for the CA Intermediate course on a provisional basis, according to the eligibility criteria. Their registration is only authorized if they provide legitimate proof of graduation or Class 12 qualification with a minimum aggregate mark.
What is the minimum age limit to register for the CA Inter exam?
The ICAI does not discriminate against candidates based on their age. Candidates of any age can enroll in the CA program.
What is the validity period of CA Intermediate 2023 registration?
The registration will be valid for four years from the registration date. Candidates must revalidate their registration after this term by paying additional fees.