Why CS1 from The Academic Junction ?
CS1 Course Content by Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, IFOA
Actuarial Statistics (CS1) provides a grounding in mathematical and statistical methods that are of relevance for actuarial work. It equips the student with knowledge of statistical distributions, methods to summarise data, the principles of statistical inference, regression models (including generalised linear models) and the fundamental concepts of Bayesian statistics. The subject includes both theory and application of the ideas using R.
CS1A is 3 hours and 15 minutes exam, CS1B is 1 hour and 45 minutes computer-based exam, R. Scientific Calculator is allowed in exam. However, you can use only one of the models from the list below. This can also be used for future exams.
1. Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
2. Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
3. Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
4. Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
5. Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
6. Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
7. Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
CS1 SYLLABUS by IFOA
1 Random variables and distributions (20%)
2 Data analysis (15%)
3 Statistical inference (20%)
4 Regression theory and applications (30%)
5 Bayesian statistics (15%)
In the CS subjects, the approximate split of assessment across the three skill types is 20% Knowledge, 65% Application and 15% Higher Order skills.